This year has proven to be really busy so far and there are still four more months left of activities to enjoy. Please feel welcome to come and join in the fun. We are only a phone call away and we always love to meet new people.
Watch out for the regular News Alerts, sent by EWCT secretary, Ai Ee, that remind you of upcoming events. For more information or inquiries, please contact Maria (021) 888 293 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ai Ee on email@example.com or go to our website and Facebook page.
- Our last Fresca social event for the year will be held on Thursday 27 August from 5-7pm, and again on Friday 28th August from 10 -11.30am. These events are an opportunity to enjoy Stu’s hospitality at the café, and to meet up with friends.
- A social group has been established in Tokoroa. Maria is giving an epilepsy talk at their next social meeting on Thursday 10th September. It will be held at the Creative Arts building on Bridge Street, Tokoroa, from 10.30-11.30 am.
- Two public epilepsy talks have been organized by EWCT and the Methodist Action Centre, Hamilton, on Friday 4th, September and Friday 6th November. Both will be held at the Methodist City Action Centre, London Street, from 9-11am. Entry is by gold coin donation.
- Our monthly Job Chat and weekly cooking classes are running well.
- We have organised our annual trip to Wingspan, near Rotorua, for the last Saturday in October (31st October). We will experience the thrill of a close encounter with New Zealand’s only falcon, the karearea (as seen on NZ $20 notes), and other birds of prey.
We are hoping for excellent weather, and not have the downpour and thunder storm that cancelled our trip back in April.
- This year we are going to celebrate a month-long epilepsy awareness month in November. A calendar of facts and events will come out nearer the time.
- You will find a lot of interesting articles on epilepsy placed on our Facebook page.
Thank you for you support of EWCT over this past year. We are trying hard to foster a supportive organisation that meets the needs of our clients/families/whanau and others interested in improving the lives of people with epilepsy. Maria is on the ground working hard, covering a large area of the Waikato. We are a grassroots epilepsy organisation and we pride ourselves on being there for you.
The Epilepsy Waikato Charitable Trust Board